The Mirfield Free Grammar
Personal Development & Safeguarding Co-ordinator
37 hours a week
Term time + 5 additional days
To start – ASAP
Salary - £20,061 per annum (FTE £23,080)
Founded in 1667 The Mirfield Free Grammar has a long-established tradition of success and promotes values such as respect, integrity, teamwork and aspiration. The MFG is a vibrant learning environment; everything we do, every decision we make is focused on the students and how we can inspire them to achieve the very best for themselves both academically and personally.
With excellent commuter links, we are situated just 10 minutes away from the M62 and 20 minutes from the M1.
In February 2020, Ofsted judged the school to be 'Good' in all four categories, reflecting the rapid improvements made over the past year across the school.
"Pupils are clear about what is expected of them. They have positive attitudes to learning and work hard.”
"Good progress is being made in increasing numbers in coming years."
"A better curriculum has led to effective learning. Behaviour in class has improved considerably. Staff have high expectations for all pupils."
Maintaining high levels of behaviour and student engagement within the Academy is a key part of our approach to improving educational attainment and our Personal Development team play a crucial role is ensuring this happens. In addition to this, you will support the safeguarding team to help manage and report concerns and ensure robust procedures are adhered to in the interests of safeguarding our students.
The role is extremely varied and some of the duties of a PD coordinator are listed below:
• Assisting with the day to day management of the ‘on-call’ system, isolation room and detention system.
• Maintaining a high profile around the Academy to actively ensure that appropriate student behaviour is maintained.
• Working closely with the Senior Team, Achievement Coordinators and Heads of Faculties to reduce ‘fixed term’ exclusions.
• Liaising confidently with parents/carers in relation to the Personal Development system.
• Encouraging high levels of expectations in students and promoting our RITA values.
• Monitoring the one-way systems in corridors daily.
• Liaising with the Senior Team, SENCO and Heads of Faculties regarding patterns of student behaviour.
A full job description is available.
Closing date: 9am Monday 12th April 2021
The Mirfield Free Grammar & Mirfield College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years