15 hours per week, term time only. 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday and Tuesday (potential flexibility around days of work for the right candidate).
Responsible to: Head of Progress and Welfare
Purpose: To support the progress and welfare of students in the college
- To Job Share a cohort of students with your counterpart collaboratively and to the highest level of operational functionality including (but not limited to):
- Leaving a full handover for your counterpart to use during your non-working days.
- To make yourself available for essential training which may not take place on your normal days of work (TOIL to be agreed).
- To respond to any urgent queries regarding our students which may arise on non-working days.
- To be considerate of your counterpart's needs in fulfilling the role whilst you are away; particularly in terms of keeping excellent and up to date records.
- To share information and knowledge with your counterpart adequately whilst maintaining confidentiality when required.
- Flexibility to step up to cover for your counterpart during unexpected times of absence.
- To be flexible in order to meet the needs of our students.
- To work as part of a team to monitor and support the progress and welfare of a caseload of students.
- To monitor, work with and support a defined cohort of students in order to tackle barriers learning, to ensure good attendance and promote appropriate behaviours for successful learning.
- To liaise with a range of staff as appropriate to support students' wellbeing and progress
- To liaise with outside agencies as appropriate to promote the retention, welfare, progression and success of learners e.g. Social Services, Virtual Schools, Health Officers, schools or other colleges, counsellors etc.
- To manage appropriate communication with learners, parents and other relevant stakeholders to support progress and welfare, as well as ensuring effective relationships for support exist around the learner.
- To take responsibility for an Improvement priority within the faculty to support the wider colleges development plan.
- To take responsibility for an area of enrichment/support to promote welfare and/or community cohesion.
- To signpost and contribute to additional learning support, i.e. through the work of the Learning Development team, curriculum workshops, skills development resources or other interventions.
- To contribute as appropriate to the planning or interventions relating to events/processes that support the welfare and progress of learners, such as enrolment, consultations, surveys, review days, tracking or progression planning events.
- To work with the Senior Management Team, Head of Progress and Welfare and / or any other managers to ensure the effectiveness of the learner agreement and disciplinary agreement systems.
- To ensure that appropriate records of work with students, actions and support are maintained.
- To be committed to equality, diversity and safeguarding practice with young people and vulnerable adults.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by Line Manager and Senior Management Team members.
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 1st December.
To apply: http://www.regent-college.ac.uk/index.php/recruitment-vacancies