The International School of Monza
is seeking to appoint a
Teacher of Physical & Health Education (IB PYP & MYP)
to join us in September 2020
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to teaching and learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype and face-to-face, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date for applications.
Why work with us
* The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find;
* Official IB professional development during first few months of employment;
* A small, modern and colourful school where teachers are highly respected as professionals and afforded a good degree of autonomy to teach in a creative and exciting way;
* A beautiful part of the world.
Our school and host city
More information about the school and our host city can be found on our school’s dedicated TES page at https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/international-school-of-monza-1066703 as well as on our website at https://www.internationalschoolofmonza.it. The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Physical & Health Education (International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme and Middle Years Programme) to join our IB continuum team in teaching students aged 3-16. The contract offered will be a permanent appointment.
As the sole teacher of the subject at the school, we are looking for teachers who show a high level of initiative, creativity and organisational skills, as well as a commitment to sporting co-curricula initiatives. There will be ample opportunity to collaborate with other PHE teachers at local schools in our group. As well as an internal gym for younger students, we have exclusive access to a large sports centre just a three-minute walk from our campus, which doubles as an Inter Milan football academy and also hosts a brand new internal gym, certified by the Italian National Olympic Committee.
Our school is made up of a strong team of individual specialists who have built a uniquely collaborative environment. As such, we expect our new colleague to be committed to such an approach, as well as to high standards and a desire to ensure an excellent profile for the subjects and programmes they teach both within and beyond our school community.
• to be in possession of a university degree in the subject(s) and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• to have had recent experience teaching the subject(s) with students aged 3-16;
• to be a UK and/or EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy.
Previous experience with IB programmes is not required and official IB training will be offered, together with relocation assistance and help with the apartment search and settling-in process. Other employment benefits include a thirty-hour Italian course, an Apple MacBook or iPad and free school lunches.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completeing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates include the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of two referees (within the boxes provided), one of which must be supervisor from current/most recent appointment.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work on 28th August 2020, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.