To contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and attainment in a subject area or areas by teaching a timetable of lessons and supporting the Head of Department in the achievement of whole school and departmental targets.
The Physical Education Teacher works collaboratively with an international team to provide education to the pupils from a range of age groups, based on the Wellington College philosophy and ethos. The Physical Education Teacher must support each individual pupil’s growth and development, encouraging them as Wellingtonians to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The teacher must demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the school, and achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and caringly to the needs of the pupils.
• To have high expectations of all pupils based on relevant data.
• To teach using a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning, meeting the demands of the curriculum and through scaffolding and objectives ensure that the needs of all pupils are met.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the college’s policies and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour and standards of work.
• To assess pupils’ work in line with school policies and procedures referring to pupil performance targets.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of the subject’s strategic action plan.
• To attend and contribute to all staff and subject meetings.
• To use data, both externally and internally produced, to assess pupil performance and to develop appropriate courses of action.
• To review on a regular basis methods of learning and teaching.
• If asked, to be a form tutor to an assigned group of pupils.
• To register students and notify the designated safeguarding lead immediately about any concerns relating to a pupil.
• To participate in the School’s professional learning program and continue personal development in the relevant areas especially subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• To attend all Curriculum, Parent Teacher Conferences and other such academic or pastoral events.
• To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
• To facilitate and attend fixtures and sporting events.
• To actively support the CCA programme.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate
Major: Physical Education
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Language: Fluent English speaker
Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience in teaching PE
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, China, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 59 years of age
Huili School Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual education for children aged from 2 to 18, which begins in Huili Nursery Hangzhou with the Early Years Foundation Stage supported by the Early Years statements taken from the Zhejiang Curriculum. In...