MBIS – ‘Where teachers love to teach and children love to learn’
Maadi British International School is a dynamic, learning-focused school - with a first class reputation. The school was judged as 'Excellent in all areas' by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (June 2016).
MBIS is the school of choice for expatriate families living in Cairo. Established in 1995 and located in an attractive expatriate suburb of the city, MBIS serves a truly international, English-speaking body of 320 children, with 52 nationalities represented. MBIS offers a bespoke creative curriculum based on the English National Curriculum. The school enjoys the patronage of the British Embassy and is a member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS), the Independent Association of Preparatory Schools (IAPS) and the Association of British Schools Overseas (AoBSO).
We are looking to recruit a talented, creative and team-oriented Physical Education Teacher (Reception - Year 9) who is committed to providing the best education for our children.
Interested applicants should:
- Hold a recognised British teaching qualification for the primary age range
- Have at least 3 years qualified teaching experience
- Demonstrate a real passion for learning, an understanding of best practice and a desire to continually improve
- Demonstrate a subject specialism
- Be committed and hard working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong collegiality and a drive to support whole school development
- Have real creative flair
- Possess a positive team-spirit and a good sense of humour
A highly attractive package includes:
- Very competitive tax-free salary paid in sterling
- Yearly tax-free gratuity
- Generous monthly accommodation allowance
- Comprehensive international medical cover
- Free education for dependent children at MBIS
- Relocation allowance
- Return air passage to base country each year
- Continuing professional development
- Free staff bus
Initial contract for 2 years, thereafter annually renewable.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at www.mbisegypt.com
The closing date for applications is Thursday 14th February 2019.
Posts are much sought after and so early applications are encouraged. Initial interviews will be held by Skype or in the UK.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Candidates will be required to undergo international child protection checks.