Wellington College Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Hangzhou opened in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Essential Skills of the post include:
- Knowledge of PE Curriculum.
- Experience organising school teams and events.
- Experience working in an international school.
- Willingness to contribute to the teaching of Physical skills.
- Some experience in leading Physical Education activities with primary and secondary Stage year groups.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes: To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning Primary School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Application deadline: 31 Jan 2019