We are seeking an experienced Physical Education Teacher to improve physical health outcomes for students in our school community. This is a part time, fixed term position for 2 days (12 hours) per week.
In this role you will be expected to:
• Plan and deliver an active physical education program to students from Prep-Yr6
• Develop partnerships with classroom teachers to support learning of students, and
• Collaborate with colleagues to support, implement, monitor and evaluate innovative ideas, practices and strategies.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• A strong knowledge of Physical Education as well as a clear understanding of how this fits within the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• An ability to identify and cater for different abilities and learning styles,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• An ability to attend in detail to innovative and creative practices
Preferred applicants will also have experience and interest in planning and convening sports carnivals.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
Immaculate Heart School is a primary school with an approximate enrolment of 230. We have "respect" as a central focus for the life of our close knit community. We are a high quality, inclusive Catholic school offering our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values. We work hard together as a team to give our students a range and balance of opportunities and the experience of success.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): For the 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 12 hrs / wk
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Kurt Dutney
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3812 1077
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Catholic Education