Interviews: Week commencing 6th May 2019
Due to the expansion of the department, a full-time opportunity has arisen for a special person to join this successful Prep school in Dulwich, SE London.
We a seeking an enthusiastic and committed person to join our extremely busy and successful PE department to provide coaching/teaching and administrative support. Candidates should have a background in sport, with experience of participating in team sports. Applicants should hold current coaching qualifications in some or all of the sports listed in the Job Description. A specialism in a particular sport or a range of sports would be an advantage.
Rosemead will offer you the opportunity to work with happy polite children, supportive parents, and committed, loyal colleagues in a calm, nurturing environment.
Our motto ‘Inspiring Brilliant Futures’ reflects our desire to develop a passion for learning that will enable children to aim high and achieve their goals. The school’s success is evident in our pupils’ enviable record of entry to leading senior schools locally in both the independent and maintained sectors.
To provide support to the PE Department and to help to run a variety of extra-curricular activities and sports teams, in order to increase the opportunity for high achievement and memorable moments for the children. To be a responsible member of staff and role model for the children.
Reporting to the Director of Sport and the Headmaster
Skills / Personal Qualities
• Highly committed to the vision of the department
• Proactive and the ability to ‘think on your feet’ is essential
• An interest in a wide range of sporting activities
• Ability to motivate students. Friendly and able to fit into a team
• ICT efficient, particularly concerning excel and use of the internet
• Assisting/teaching a full range of PE lessons (Nursery to Year 6)
• Assisting/teaching swimming (Years 1-6)
• Coaching/running teams (depending on qualifications) in football, netball, hockey, tag-rugby, rounders, tennis, athletics, cricket, basketball, gymnastics and swimming.
• Officiating as required in some or all of the above.
• Running/ assisting with before and after school extra-curricular activities.
• Assisting at sports events - Swimming Galas, Sports Day and Tournaments.
• Undertaking departmental administration.
• Supervisory duties – playground and lunch duties
• Attending school events - Parents’ Evenings, Prizegiving and Educational visits (including residential)
Rosemead Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance along with other relevant pre-employment checks. References will be sought, and we will approach referees prior to interview. We will also validate references by subsequent enquiry.