Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Physics and Engineering Technician
Reference Number: SCCG1969
Salary: £15,481 to £17,092. Annual incremental progression throughout the band is available.
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 20th August 2019
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 37
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Science Department and will be responsible for maintaining the physics and engineering resources of the science department, organisation of the laboratories, preparing the materials for and trialing practical work, preparing materials for other lessons as required by the teaching staff and upholding health and safety practices in the laboratory. Experience in supporting electronics will be very beneficial.
It is expected that all technicians will cover for each other in the event of absence and exchange duties with one another, and to perform other college administrative tasks as and when required. They may also be required to work at various college sites as directed.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information, please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reason to Join Us:
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.