Repton School Dubai is seeking both an outstanding Teacher of Physics (IB/IGCSE) to commence in August 2019.
There is also a vacancy for Head of Physics – Senior School / IB.
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of only a handful of schools in Dubai to boast an Outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014. One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
About the Department
The Physics department is full of enthusiasm where staff are constantly seeking outreach programmes and trips to take learning out of the classroom. The Physics department is currently thriving and last year was one of very few departments to achieve 100% A*- B at IGCSE for their students. We are one of the most well resourced departments in the school and benefit from specialist lab technicians who are always keen to try new experiments and find innovative ways of delivering the curriculum.
Please note, the requirements below are not aspirational. We cannot obtain a license from the local regulator for candidates not meeting the qualifications criteria.
- Qualified Teacher Status; and
- EITHER - Bachelors of Education with PGCE or Masters and relevant experience teaching this subject specialism;
- OR - Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism plus PGCE / Masters in Education.
- Have experience teaching at Key Stage 4 & 5 in a school with an outstanding track record
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Be at least 25 years old
- For HoD candidates, experience leading an IB Physics department is mandatory
In Return We Offer
- Basic pay between 11000 - 18000 (AED) monthly based on completed years of experience
- Generous Head of Department allowance
- Generous leave entitlements and annual flight allowance
- Accommodation provided in popular residential areas
- World class medical & healthcare benefits
- Tuition fee remission in Foremarke or Repton School for candidates with dependents
Only applications via this link will be considered.
Repton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.Successful applicants will be subject to a police check.