St Helen’s is an academically selective independent girls’ day school of more than 1100 students aged 3-18, set in beautiful green space in Northwood, North-West London.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Chemistry teacher for January, April or September 2022. This is a full time post and candidates must be able to teach across the secondary age range including KS5.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes
- A good honours degree in a relevant or associated subject
- A love of teaching and learning and a commitment to further professional development
- Be able to work well with others and develop the curriculum through collaborative planning
- Excellent classroom practice with experience of teaching Physics across the secondary age range including KS5
- Detailed understanding of current developments in the secondary curriculum and assessment
- Be able to lead learning in their classroom, develop each child and demonstrable passion for the subject
- A teaching qualification such as PGCE or equivalent
- Evidence of further professional development
- Knowledge and experience of how IT can be used to support learning
The successful candidate will:
- Be an exceptional classroom practitioner and inspiring teacher
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Be creative, imaginative and energetic
- Be able to motivate others
The teacher should have knowledge and understanding of:
- Effective learning and teaching styles
- Theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children (e.g. classroom organisation, planning, and teaching strategies which remove barriers to learning and which stretch and challenge able, gifted and talented pupils)
- Monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ progress
- How assessment supports effective learning
- The need for high quality pastoral support to complement the academic experience of pupils aged 11-18
- The Legislation concerning Equality, Health & Safety, Individual Needs and Safeguarding / Child Protection
St Helen's School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 18 years
St Helen's is an independent school for girls aged 3-18. We pride ourselves on our outstanding academic record, with our students consistently achieving excellent GCSE and A Level results.
We aim to give every girl an excellent, well-balanced, academi...