We seek a vibrant, well-qualified, and committed piano teacher to deliver private lessons for students (aged 5 - 18) and accompanist services for school ensembles and concerts as needed. Of prime importance is a love of teaching and music, and the ability to integrate the teaching of technical, aural and stylistic skills. You need to be energetic and focused in the classroom, and to foster passion and dedication in students. This role involves working mostly at our Westminster/Portland Place secondary campus and some hours at our Kensington primary campus. From time to time, some events may be held at our Hampstead primary campus, where there may also be a teaching opportunity in the future.
The exact hours will depend on student enrolment. In 2018-2019 the commitment has been about 16 hours teaching per week, with concerts each term. With the right teacher, this will be an exciting opportunity to extend and develop the piano studio at Southbank.
The successful applicant will have:
● A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
● relevant teaching experience
● a proven record of excellent teaching
● excellent knowledge of classical and modern piano repertoire
● the ability to accompany student performances to a professional standard
● enjoy an enquiry-based approach to teaching and learning
● A schedule that allows for commitment to this role
The successful applicant will:
● join a highly experienced and supportive team
● be responsible to the relevant Head/s of Faculty
● work in collaboration with colleagues and attend training and planning sessions as required
● foster good links with parents
The successful candidate will be expected to:
● meet all work deadlines
● contribute to the extracurricular activities of the school
● participate in relevant faculty rehearsals and performances
● ensure that feedback to students is regular and consistent and that students learn from it
● be internationally-minded and sympathetic to the values of the IB
The School is unable to offer Tier 2 sponsorship for this role. Please ensure that you already have the legal right to work and reside in the UK.
For further details regarding the role and how to apply please visit www.southbank.org
Closing date for applications 03 May 2019
Southbank International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived or worked overseas for three months or more in the past ten years or completed their teacher training outside of the UK.