Main Purpose of the Job
Gordon’s School has a long and proud history of piping and drumming and it’s Pipes and Drums band is an important part of the school and its marching as well as being a feature of local and national events. The School is looking for Pipe and Drum Instructors to instruct the band up to three afternoons per week and to assist with parade practice one afternoon per week as required. They may be required to attend some of the 8 school parades per year and to assist at external events where the band is playing.
Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Instructing students in the Pipes and Drums band in piping and / or drumming
- Assist with maintaining the equipment
- Attend Parades and Pipes and Drums events as required
Candidates will require:
• A high level of technical performance skills
• Excellent instrumental teaching skills
• An ability to inspire and enthuse students about music and instrumental playing
• An ability to create and adapt musical arrangements in a variety of styles and genres
Gordon’s School is a State Boarding and Day School and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment – applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate screening including a DBS check.