‘Be Ready; Be Responsible; Be Respectful’
Charter academy is a caring, positive and nurturing school.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a play worker to join our team on a temporary basis to help assist in the day-to-day organisation of the Charter Club and to contribute to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for the children at our school. You will help plan as well as play activities with the children that are fun, creative, safe and age appropriate. The role will involve providing after school care for the children of the nursery/school, including the handover to classrooms and parents on a daily basis.
We are a forward-thinking school and we are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our children; they are at the heart of everything we do. You would be joining an enthusiastic team focused on providing great opportunities for learning for all our pupils.
Equally, you would join us at an exciting time as we have recently joined Castle Phoenix Trust, which prides itself on being the kind of place people want to work where everyone recognises the buzz of excitement and togetherness, whatever stage they are at in their career.
We have a wonderful building and a dedicated area for morning and after school club.
We are looking for someone who: -
• Understands good quality childcare.
• Has knowledge of a range of activities to promote social/emotional and intellectual development of school aged children.
• Is able to support in planning and providing a safe and creative play.
• Is punctual and able to fulfil duties in a responsible manner.
• Has the ability to relate well to children and adults
• Has the ability to inspire, and enthuse
• Is a team player with a good sense of humour and a positive attitude
Hours of work: 10 hours per week, Monday-Friday 3pm-5pm. Term Time only.
Required to start as soon as possible until 31st December 2021
We can offer: -
• Hard working colleagues and well-trained support staff who are passionate about what they do
• A supportive trust and local governing body who are committed to helping the school move forwards
• A strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, through the trusts’ people strategy, and a range of benefits which include the provision of the teachers’ pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, an employee discount scheme and a commitment to developing the use of new technologies to support learning and streamline workload.
We are excited about our future – we would love to hear from you if you think you could be part of creating that future.
We would welcome visitors to the setting or can arrange a telephone conversation to find out more through an informal discussion with the Headteacher, Mrs Louise Stewart. Either way just email HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk to book your slot.
Application packs are available to download on www.wmjobs.co.uk www.tes.co.uk http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ or by email from HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk
Completed forms are returnable to HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk
Application deadline: 24th September 2021 at 9.00 am
Interview date: 28th or 30th September 2021
Due to the current coronavirus situations, interviews may be subject to date change. All interviews that do take place will do so in a safe environment observing government guidance under social distancing criteria. Please do continue to submit your application if you are interested in the opportunity. We will maintain contact with all candidates so you are clear of selection process arrangements if you are shortlisted.
These posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to these posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 11 years