Broomfield House School is the oldest independent school in Kew Gardens, near Richmond. We are a happy and thriving co-educational school for children of local families aged 3-11 years old. We are a school that strives for excellence and we were delighted that in 2007 and 2010 Ofsted recognised this with an “outstanding” overall inspection judgement. In 2015 our first ISI inspection rated all aspects of the school excellent or good, with our curriculum and teaching rated excellent.
We have a team of enthusiastic and excellent staff teaching our children, including classroom assistants in our early years, KS1 and KS2 classes.
Due to an expansion in our school, we are looking for 2 new part time (0.4 full time equivalent) classroom assistants to work in our ILE team and as a playtime assistant from September 2018.
The hours for this role are Monday to Friday from 10.30am-1.30pm, term time only, plus attendance at staff meetings and training events in the school holidays as required by the head teacher.
We are looking for someone who is interested in the physical and pastoral side of supervising play times across the age ranges in the school. In addition, we are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic and capable assistant to provide support to our class teachers in all aspects of educating our pupils, alongside the rest of our specialist teachers and teaching assistants.
As a playtime assistant the role involves:
- playtime duty at morning and lunch breaks each day;
- ensuring the children play safely with good manners and kindness;
- providing stimulation to the children in terms of games and activities using what is in the playground and ideas for playground games which do not need equipment;
- working as part of our team of teachers on playtime duty to ensure the children are well cared for and looked after at all times
As a classroom assistant the main focus of the role is to:
- Provide stimulating activities for small groups of children identified by our teachers to have focussed small group work;
- Lead small group support for children both in our dedicated study rooms and in the main classrooms;
- participate in the active assessment of the children’s learning;
- participate enthusiastically in all aspects of school life.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping children in learning. We are happy to consider candidates with:
- level 2 or 3 teaching or classroom assistant qualifications;
- interest in gaining a level 4 relevant qualification while working at Broomfield
- experience of working in schools, nurseries or in the child care sector;
- an interest or experience in working in independent schools;
- an interest in sports would be advantageous;
- experience of supporting children with special needs would also be advantageous
We are also seeking someone who is reliable, able and happy to take direction, and is keen to develop their professional work within a high quality school.
Broomfield House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please see our website on www.broomfieldhouse.com or contact the Head Teacher, Norton York, on 020 8940 3884.
An application form and job description may be obtained by emailing the School Secretary, Mrs Smith, on email@example.com
Please send a fully completed application form to Mr Norton York, Head Teacher, Broomfield House School, Broomfield Road, Kew Gardens, Surrey TW9 3HS or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications to arrive: 15 June 2018
Interview dates: week of 18 June 2018
Job start: September 2018