PMLD Teaching Assistant required full time for SEND client school - October 2017 (fixed term)
- Have you worked with young people or adults with profound or multiple learning difficulties?
- Are you trained in Manual Handling or would you be interested in training in this(Vision offer free training)
- Very specialist setting with students with high physical, medical and learning needs.
- You must have at least 3 months experience working in a care background or an SEN school assisting pupils with high learning and medical needs.
- The successful candidate must be extremely caring and passionate towards helping others and younger people.
- The SEND school is based in Kirklees, full time long term role for one fixed term - potential for permanent work available for the right candidate.
You will contribute to a highly skilled team of support assistants, teaching and pastoral staff working to provide a first class experience for students.
This includes providing stimulating learning experiences, dignified pastoral and personal care. Experience or a background in care and/or health and social care is also advantageous for this vacancy.
Experience working with Pivots, P levels, EYFS curriculum are highly advantageous also, along with hoist training / moving & handling, and first aid training.
Vision for Education offer free CPD and Training for qualifying candidates (Manual Handling included).
Working hours are 8.45 am -3.30pm with a half hour lunch break. Please contact our Huddersfield SEND team for more information on this job role in Kirklees.