Post 16 Pastoral Assistant - Term Time
15.75 Hours Per Week over 3 days (more hours may be available by negotiation)
APT&C Scale 4 Points 7-11 £20,092 to £21,748 pro-rata
Actual salary = £7580 - £8205 per year
Due to an internal promotion, we have an exciting key vacancy of Post 16 Pastoral Assistant in our dynamic and inspirational academy. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the Post 16 Pastoral/Attendance & Study Support Officer to manage the Sixth Form Hive, manage students in supervised study sessions and where needed, supervise the inclusion room for years 7-11.
We can offer:
• Highly motivated and engaged students
• Opportunity for continued professional development
• A friendly and welcoming team
• Supportive Leadership Team and working environment
Do you have:
• Relevant pastoral experience?
• Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills?
• Personal commitment to continuous self-development?
• Good communication and team working skills?
• Proactive, self-motivated and intuitive?
• Creative, enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
• Able to respond to the emotional needs of Sixth Formers and signpost to relevant services where appropriate?
• Wanting to be part of a warm, outward looking community, which celebrates diversity and is supportive and collaborative?
• Able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing Date: Monday 13th December 2021 at 10.00 am
Interview Date: Wednesday 15th December 2021
– shortlisted candidates will be telephoned on the morning of 13th December 2021.
Application forms and further details are available from our website at www.bvgs.co.uk. To arrange a pre-application visit or for an informal chat about the role, please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager via email@example.com or by telephone on (0121) 250 5400. Please note we do not accept applications by CV.
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work and reference checks.
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM THE HEADTEACHER
Thank you for your interest in Bishop Vesey's Grammar School. We trust that you will find our school to be a lively and dynamic institution, which leads all who live and work here to a new vision of their potent...