Salary: £18,500 during probationary period, £19,750 once confirmed in post
Hours: 37.5 per week
Start Date: ASAP
The role involves supporting a young adult in our Post-19 service and out in the community. Working with a team of ABA Tutors, you will provide excellent support using the methods of ABA/VB teaching to a young adult with autism and associated learning difficulties.
You will support the ABA Supervisor and ABA Instructor in ensuring the daily needs of our students are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun environment within our Post-19 service. You will need to follow the principles of ABA to enable the students to access learning in a way that allows them to learn new skills at their own pace. Further training on ABA/VB in an adult setting will be given to the successful candidate.
- Experience working with children and/or adults with special needs, including autism
- Emotional and physical resilience
The ideal candidate
- An interest in working with children or young adults with special needs
- Experience of supporting young adults in the community• Strong team-player with great communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passionate and committed to the development of the children within the school
- Willing to learn and work under the supervision of the Supervisors, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers
Why Choose us?
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to empowering children and young people with autism to lead fuller lives through positive educational experiences, training for those working with them and support for their families and carers. We successfully run Independent Special Schools for children aged 4-19, a Post-19 service, Outreach and Training and an Early Years’ service. Our two schools have recently received 'Outstanding' Ofsted ratings. You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive personality are essential attributes.
Our fundamental objective is to provide an education which equips young people with autism for adulthood. Managed on a not-for-profit basis, BeyondAutism is committed to the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (using Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behaviour).
To find out more about more, please visit https://www.beyondautism.org.uk/vacancies/post-19-aba-tutor/.
What we Offer
- An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education
- A range of fantastic staff benefits
- Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives
- Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training
Closing date: Due to planned expansion, further vacancies will be available throughout the year
Beyond Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.