Brighton College is seeking to appoint five Post Graduate Assistant Teachers. The start date for this role is anticipated to be September 2020. This is a fixed-term post of one year, with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
The role would suit a new graduate considering a career in teaching, although no teaching experience or qualification is required. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Sport and wishes to share that passion with enthusiastic and energetic young people.
The post may involve some or all of the following tasks:
- Coaching and running teams as appropriate in Cricket, Football, Hockey, Netball and Rugby;
- Officiating as appropriate in Cricket, Football, Hockey, Netball, and Rugby;
- Team teaching and assisting experienced subject teachers in classroom situations;
- Teaching small groups in specialised topic areas;
- Running or assisting with societies and extra-curricular activities as appropriate;
- Being involved in school visits;
- Undertaking cover duties;
- Being an integral part of the boarding community – working with boarding staff to deliver quality pastoral care and activities for boarding pupils. This will include regular (and occasionally overnight) duties.
For further information, please see the candidate brief.
Brighton and Hove
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Brighton is one of England’s leading schools. The College comprises the Senior School, educating 1,080 pupils aged 13–18, and the Lower School, educating 100 pupils aged 11–13.
The Brighton College family of schools also includes Br...