The Escola Internacional del Camp (EIC) is an international school which opened in 2012 and is celebrating its 5th year.
The school, located in Salou south of Barcelona, has a new building complex with potential to welcome up to 800 students (over 550 this year), is inclusive and offers a complete education to students aged 1 to 18+. This is the first school to run with the Socrates Educa model, an innovative pedagogical system which is likely to be implemented in other new schools in the future. We are recruiting for autumn 2017.
It is a popular and happy English / Spanish / Catalan trilingual school, offering Pre-school, Primary, Secondary, National and International Baccalaureate (IB), with an international emphasis and also Chinese as a foreign language. Our curriculum is based on the local curriculum but is influenced by teachers from around the world and taught mainly in English.
We run a wide range of extra-curricular activities, community links and projects as well as educational/cultural events and visits.
All successful candidates should be team players, innovative, creative, able to differentiate in the classroom and motivated by the opportunity to work in a multilingual environment. International experience is a plus. Knowledge of Catalan and/or Spanish is also an advantage.
For September 2017:
Pre-School / Primary teacher, for ages 4-6.
Essential for all candidates:
- English speaker, ability to teach completely in authentic English.
- Good ICT skills (familiar with Mac/ iPad, knowledge of educational apps)
- PGCE in Primary, Early Years or QTS (BEd / SCITT / School Direct / Teach First) or equivalent.
- Read Write Inc experience, or similar. (Pub: Oxford University Press.)
- Ability to work with projects and develop independent learners.
- A well-qualified / experienced TA would also be considered.
Interested candidates should attach a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org