King’s Oak School, Eltham Palace Road, London SE9 5LX
Contract Type – Permanent and Full-time
Salary – Scale 4, Spine Point 7 - 10 (£22,377 - £23,607)
Required as soon as possible.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated, hardworking and motivated Premises Assistant to work in our school which is located in Eltham and caters for pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Reporting to the Premises Manager you will be required to -
• Maintain the school’s security procedures, checks/tests
• Undertake repairs and DIY projects
• Perform routine maintenance tasks
• Admit contractors onsite and direct them to jobs
• Ensure that all grounds and premises are litter free
• Carry out routine and non-routine (emergency) opening and closing of the premises
• Act as a keyholder and ensure premises are secure throughout opening times
• Opening and closing of the site
• Assist in keeping mandatory records for fire testing, service and report health and safety
• Ensure all duties are undertaken in accordance with the schools health and safety policy including risk assessment and safety systems
• Accept deliveries
• Carry out regular checks with ancillary equipment
• Ensure that all duties are undertaken in accordance with the school’s health and safety policy
• Attend/participate in statutory training for health and safety and maintain records eg COSSH under the supervision of the Premises Manager
• Ensure the proper use and storage of tools and equipment and carry out PAT testing/inspection of power tools and report faults to the Premises Manager.
It is essential you have experience of working within a site/premises role. Basic IT skills combined with strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. You will need to be available to start work ASAP.
King’s Oak School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils attending the school. As the duties of this post involve regular contact with children, any offer to the successful candidate will be conditional upon an enhanced disclosure being obtained via the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as references from your current employer.
Closing Date: Friday 1 November 2019
Interview Date: Week beginning 4 November 2019