Ark Greenwich is a new, ambitious school model based on what we know excellent schools do. We have created a highly respectful and disciplined environment where our staff and students can fulfil their potential. Our aim is to consistently be one of the highest performing schools in the country.
Joining the school team is a superb opportunity for a proactive and motivated Premises Assistant who wants to make a lasting difference to the communities they serve.
Ark Greenwich exists to empower young people, regardless of socio-economic background, to grow and be successful. This is an ambitious and forward-thinking school that encourages innovation and values its staff. We are proud of our highly respectful and disciplined community and of the outstanding academic outcomes achieved by our pupils. Expectations for all members of our community are unashamedly sky high. We work tirelessly to impact the lives of the young people we serve.
How is Ark Greenwich different?
• We are part of the Ark family of schools and benefit accordingly from outstanding networking and career opportunities and first-class CPD.
• Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning and have a 6pm/weekend work-related communication curfew to ensure our staff can maintain a work/life balance. We do not do knee jerk reactions, fads or last-minute deadlines. Our systems and processes for communication, pupil marking and feedback and assessment are streamlined and the approaches we take are research-led and based on the needs of our local context.
• This is a small school model (600 students aged 11-16) because we believe that our close-knit community provides the optimum conditions for success.
• Behaviour for learning is exceptional so our teachers can focus their time on the things that matter – planning and delivering brilliant lessons for our students.
• Our students enjoy a compulsory co-curricular program on a Wednesday which includes a strong focus on community volunteering and we facilitate 12 drop-down days per academic year ensuring our pupils benefit from a range of life-enriching experiences.
Alignment with the school’s vision, values and approach to education is essential.
The Role and the Department
We are a team of three who work shift patterns to ensure the school has high-quality premises support at all times. Routine and sporadic jobs are shared within the team and we pride ourselves in offering a great service to the whole school community and its visitors. We continually look to improve, problem-solve and maintain our site to ensure health and safety compliance at all times. If you are a multi-tasker with high levels of practical skills, the ability to work within a team and manage their own workload then this is the role for you.
About Ark Schools
Ark is a network of high-achieving, non-selective schools and one of the country’s top-performing academy groups. We run 38 academies in London, Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth educating more than 26,000 pupils. 83% of Ark schools are now rated as good or outstanding by Ofsted.
Our aim is to create outstanding schools that give every pupil, regardless of their background, the opportunity to go to university or pursue the career of their choice.
To find out more about Ark Greenwich, please visit our website via www.arkgreenwichfreeschool.org
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 3rd February. Interview to take w/c 3rd February.
The school reserves the right to close this advert early should the right candidate be found. Interviews may take place before the advertised closing date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role.
Ark value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.