Part Time - 20 hours per week (2.30-6.30pm Monday-Friday), 44 weeks a year or Full Time - 35 hours per week (10.30am-6.30pm), Monday to Friday, 44 weeks a year
We are currently looking to appoint a Premises Assistant to work predominantly at our Greenwich Peninsula all through school campus, a brand new building that opened in November 2018, with a possible requirement to work across our other two school campuses in East Greenwich and Woolwich, as required.
The role will include:
- Supporting the Facilities Manager in his day-to-day work
- Opening and locking up the school premises
- Running programs, tests and inspections
- Litter picking/sweeping up
- Gardening, including weeding and maintenance of the plants/flowers
- Window cleaning
- Minor repairs where necessary
The ideal candidate will be able to offer:
- A range of practical and administrative skills
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently as appropriate
- A conscientious and flexible approach to work
We can offer you:
- A worthwhile, interesting and varied job
- A supportive, friendly staff team and governing body
- Opportunities for training and development
Applications will be considered as they are received and shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited in for interview on a mutually convenient date.
PLEASE STATE IN YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A PART TIME OR FULL TIME POSITION.
As this role will involve contact with children, we will take up at least two references, these will ask about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check (DBS), having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
St Mary Magdalene C of E School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is a co-educational, all-through school based in Greenwich, south-east London. The school has both primary and secondary phases. The secondary phase has approximately 560 students aged 11-18 and 80 staff.