Are you a practical and reliable problem-solver with experience of maintaining school premises?
GLF Schools is looking to appoint an efficient and enthusiastic Premises Assistant to support Springfield Primary School in Sunbury to carry out compliance checks, maintenance, security and general caretaking duties.
The successful candidate will be based predominantly at Springfield but may be required to work occasionally at other nearby GLF schools.
This is a full time role based on 36 hours per week split across five days, though some weekend working may be required. Hours to be agreed according to school need but may involve a split shift (early to mid morning and mid-afternoon to early evening). This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the life of the school and support the education of 450 primary school students.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has a good awareness of health and safety issues
- Is reliable and able to work on their own initiativeIs capable at carrying out basic maintenance and DIY tasks
- Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good teamworkerIs able to communicate effectively with a wide range of peopleIs keen to contribute positively to the life of the school
The role requires that the successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
- Ensure the school sites and buildings are maintained
- Implement and ensure security measures and procedures for the site building and facilities.
- Be the main key holder, attend to out of hours call out
- Ensure premises, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained and developed in an effective and planned manner.
- Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions.
- Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
- Promote and maximise the use of buildings and facilities and income.
- Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school.
- Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Closing date for applications: Monday 15th December
Salary: £19,490-£22,733 (GLF Grade 5)
This position does not come with accommodation; however, accommodation may be available in the future.
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around either school. Please contact the central GLF Recruitment Team to arrange a tour.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds and from educators seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.