There has never been a more exciting time to join HVS with our recent 'Outstanding' ofsted inspection, brand new building and relentless commitment to developing our team.
Reporting to the Premises Manager, we are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and reliable candidate to join our Premises team tasked with ensuring the brand new School building and its facilities are maintained to the highest standard and that the environment is safe, secure and fully operational for students, staff, community users and visitors at all appropriate times.
The job-holder will be required to facilitate lettings at the weekends and ensure the School is left ready for its students on the Monday morning. There will also be a requirement to support School events on occasional weekday evenings and act as an emergency key-holder for the School.
The job-holder will be a hands-on, can-do person with a calm sense of efficiency and organisation together with the ability to solve problems. In ensuring the School is a clean, attractive and secure place to be, the job holder will prioritise the educational, safety and welfare needs of our students. He/she will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels and recognise the critical role that the fabric of the School plays in facilitating this.
He/she will be able to work independently and as part of a team and be a key-holder for the School.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of premises or facilities work, be aware of maintenance programmes and H&S compliance and always carries out their work to a consistently high standard.
The role is full-time, 52 weeks a year. The working week can be flexible for the right candidate but as a minimum will be 8-10 hours a week arranged over Saturday, Sunday afternoons and one evening in the week (usually a Wednesday). Overtime may be available.
The School would welcome applications from candidates that live within a short distance of the School.
You will have a pro-rata entitlement to 5 weeks holiday a year, which would normally be expected to be taken in School holidays.
Hoe Valley School is:
- An outstanding, heavily oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9 and 10
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
Please send applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 13th January 2019
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.