“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and reliable candidate to join our Premises team tasked with ensuring the School building and its facilities are maintained to the highest standard and that the environment is safe, secure and fully operational for students, staff, community users and visitors at all appropriate times.
The Premises Assistant will be a hands-on, can-do person with a calm sense of efficiency and organisation together with the ability to solve problems. In ensuring the School is a clean, attractive and secure place to be, the job holder will prioritise the educational, safety and welfare needs of our students. He/she will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels and recognise the critical role that the fabric of the School plays in facilitating this.
He/she will be able to work independently and as part of a team and be a key-holder for the School.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of premises or facilities work, be aware of maintenance programmes and H&S compliance and always carry out their work to a consistently high standard.
The role is full-time, 52 weeks a year. The working week is 40 hours per week excluding a 30-minute lunch break, with a 7.00am/7.30am start. There will be a requirement to work occasional evenings to set up/ clear up school events. The School would welcome applications from candidates that live within a short distance of the School.
You will have an entitlement to 25 days holiday a year, which would normally be expected to be taken in School holidays.
- You will have a basic standard of numeracy and literacy skills
- You will have experience of using MS Office (Word /Excel) and/or Google Suite - (Gmail / Google Drive)
- A maintenance trade qualification is desirable but not essential
- Ideally, you will have a good knowledge of practical applications – e.g. working with tools, plumbing
- Hoe Valley School is an oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Committed to knowing all of our students’ talents and strengths and their areas for development. This allows us to personalise the curriculum to stretch and motivate all of our students.
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Opening a STEAM focused academic 6th Form in September 2023
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking
- Reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facility (Sportsbox)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to convenient and free parking
- 25 days holiday, which would normally be expected to be taken in School holidays
Deadline for application:
Sunday 26th September
Please send applications and queries to email@example.com.
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
Hoe Valley School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years