Salary: APT & C – Grade 9 (£25,951 rising to £28,485)
Hours: 37 hours per week full time
Holidays: 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years
Working week : To be agreed but will require flexibility
Location : Royds Hall Community School across all sites
To commence as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to the appointment of an energetic and enthusiastic colleague to join our staff. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the premises on all three of the through school sites which include Royds Hall Secondary and Luck Lane Primary, both on the Luck Lane site in Paddock plus Beech Primary in Golcar. The three sites are very different in that, the secondary school is part of a Public Private Partnership contract for its facilities management, whilst both primaries are managed by the school supported by the Local Authority.
The main areas of responsibility for the successful candidate will be:
• Managing all aspects of Health and Safety across the three sites.
• Managing all aspects of the premises across the three sites which will include monitoring the Facilities Management contract as applicable.
• Managing the external lettings of the schools as required.
• Line management of 3 members of the Premises Team.
Key qualities/skills include:
- Experience of site/facilities management;
- Experience of monitoring third party contracts;
- An interest in working with young people;
- Able to meet the physical demands of the role;
- Effective communication, both verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of health and safety and experience of carrying out risk assessments;
- Effective both as a team-player and working on own initiative;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment;
- Able to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality;
- Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice, between the different sites.
Application forms and further details can be obtained from our website: www.roydshall.org, or from the Executive Headteacher, Melanie Williams at the school. Completed applications should be returned by 12 noon on 22nd March 2017.
Interviews will take place on 29th March 2017.