We are looking to recruit a leader for our Premises Team and to develop further use of our premises and facilities.
Ideally, you will have the skills and experience to develop the Premises Team, ensure our site is compliant and increase lettings of the school buildings. The successful candidate will be creative, have a "can-do" attitude and insist on high standards of work from contractors, as well as achieving value for money.
Start date: September / October 2019
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Pay scale: GLF Support Staff (Fringe), G8
Pay range: £27,886 - £33,150
About Glyn School:
Glyn School is a high performing school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn School is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi-Academy Trust. We are a vibrant school for boys with 1227 students on roll (Year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth Form with 546 students.
Glyn School is ideally situated just ten minutes’ walk from both Ewell East and Ewell West stations, both of which are approximately 20 minutes from Clapham Junction and within Zone 6.
Premises Management at Glyn School:
We have an outstanding Premises Team and excellent facilities with a Sports Hall; Sports Ground with football, rugby, cricket pitches and a pavilion; a variety of school buildings with halls and music facilities.
The successful candidate will lead the school Premises Team, organise the facilities team and casual premises assistants who will provide support for external lettings during evenings and weekends. The postholder will also be a key holder and first aider.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be enthusiastic, hardworking and a team player.
- Have experience of managing contractors, lettings and generating income.
- Learn to operate key alarm systems effectively.
- Operate and manage security and compliance computer systems.
- Have experience of managing a team.
- Have excellent customer service skills, and be a positive ambassador for Glyn School within the local community.
- Know how to manage operational arrangements for a variety of school events.
We can offer you:
- An environment where the focus is on high quality learning and teaching.
- The opportunity to work in an enthusiastic and friendly environment.
- The benefit from sharing outstanding resources and support in every aspect of school life, as an academy within GLF Schools.
- An opportunity to work collaboratively with leaders across the wider GLF MAT.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview week commencing 9 September 2019. GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview ahead of the closing date and withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.