We are looking for a Premises Officer to ensure the provision of a safe, clean, attractive learning environment, as part of a team undertaking responsibility for the maintenance, security, health and safety of the academy site (including grounds, buildings, facilities and equipment), ensuring that they operate efficiently and effectively.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
- Ability to monitor and report on structural faults/repairs;
- Ability to monitor and order stocks of material;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis;
- Ability to deal with emergencies occurring outside normal working hours;
- Ability to work as part of a team
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred
Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred is a three-form entry academy with 52-place nursery located in the heart of Chafford Hundred: a modern development bordering Lakeside and Thurrock, serving a vibrant and diverse community. Chafford Hundred has good links to central London as well as being accessible from Kent and Essex. The school was graded as Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted in October 2018.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred?
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work, with children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Applicant Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 01375 484490 or email@example.com.
The Harris Federation offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development. No matter what stage you are at or what job you do, we will support and develop your skills, with our Teaching School delivering outstanding courses for staff at every level, including NPQML, NPQSL, NPQH and beyond.
As part of Harris, you will have the opportunity to progress within a close regional network, with regular opportunities for promotion available both within the academy and across the Federation.
We have a highly experienced team of leaders, including executive principals, mentors and subject specialists, all committed to supporting your career and developing your skills as a teacher.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.