This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our highly professional, friendly team at Upton Court Grammar School. We are looking to appoint a member of staff who has a "can do" attitude and is flexible, practical, pro-active, energetic and diligent to support our existing teams in delivering excellent service. Some out-of-hours or additional working hours may be required, paid at the appropriate rate. You would be responsible for the management upkeep and security of the school and grounds. The successful candidate must have a level 2 qualification in English and Maths.
You will need:
- To enjoy working with children, parents and staff;
- Have effective communication and organisational skills;
- To be calm, approachable, flexible and demonstrate initiative;
- To be highly skilled and practical.
Our ethos is to ‘recruit for attitude, train for skill’! Pioneer Educational Trust seeks to invest intelligently, inspire collaboration, drive equality and pioneer so that all learners in our family of schools have equal access to an outstanding education. Our mission is grounded on four core values which our schools embrace:
- we pioneer: by preparing the way for others to follow, we transcend barriers through aspiration, merit and risk. Pioneer engenders determination, commitment and responsibility to better society through education and learning, never accepting mediocrity
- we inspire collaboration: we believe in working in partnership. In a culture of high trust and intelligent risk-taking, collaboration exists at all levels and between all stakeholders
- we invest intelligently: by providing high-quality professional development for all staff and a positive and enriching work environment. We provide high support and challenge that enables all colleagues to flourish
- we drive equality: providing equal access to an outstanding education is central to the aims of the Trust. The Trust champions the vulnerable and disadvantaged, breaking down barriers to learning.
The school offers free refreshments to staff during the school day. The Trust also provides an Employee Assistance Programme to all staff within the Trust Schools. Through this, staff can access support and advice on any number of things such as wellbeing, work-related issues, housing, family, financial and legal support. There is also an employee benefit scheme which offers savings and discounts across a number of well-known retailers and services. Staff across the Trust can also receive a free, annual flu vaccination. The Trustees are also active in recognising years of service for staff. Service is designed to reward loyalty to the school and recognises those who have accrued between 3 and 30 years of service.
Other benefits include:
• Free onsite parking
• Lunch for staff offered at cost price
• Enhanced employer pension contributions
• Enhanced leave of absence policy
• Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave schemes
• Corporate eye care scheme
• Enhanced parental bereavement package
• Travel to work loans
• Additional time to facilitate professional development and collaborative working
A three-bedroom house is also available for rent at a subsidised rate; a separate contract would be signed for this. If this is taken up, the successful candidate would reside in the property for the better performance of their duties
Hours: 45 hours per week, Monday – Friday: 7.30am to 6pm, 30 minute break (unpaid), one hour for lunch (unpaid). There is also an opportunity to undertake additional paid duties over lunchtime to assist the school with the supervision of students.
Upton Court Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years