Prevent Education Officer
1 year temporary contract
Prevent is part of CONTEST, the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy - the aim of Prevent is to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. The education sector is a vital component of Prevent activity, and has a key role to play in the successful delivery of Prevent objectives.
This is a high profile role responsible for supporting schools, and education personnel within Redbridge to deliver Prevent activity in order to increase young people’s resilience to terrorism.
The Prevent Education Officer will be responsible for:-
- Leading on engagement with schools & other institutions in Redbridge
- Identifying vulnerabilities and risk
- Delivering training and capacity building
- Building and maintaining a network of contacts within the local region to advance Prevent activity.
In addition, the Prevent Education Officer will be required to lead on the management of Prevent projects being delivered in support of the programme.
We are looking for a highly skilled professional who has:-
- An enthusiastic, creative and innovative approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Significant previous experience in the education sector, preferably at secondary level
- Experience of partnership working and community engagement
- Experience of project management
- Good political awareness.
This is a one year contract; however, it is anticipated will be extended, on an annual basis, dependent on ongoing Home Office funding.
Interviews will be held week commencing 4th December 2017
Closing date: 17th November 2017
Redbridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children, young people and vulnerable adults. Some posts will require a DBS disclosure check and references may also be taken up prior to interview.
Ambitious for Redbridge
To apply, please visit: https://my.redbridge.gov.uk/Jobs/Search