Primary and Early Years Teachers (PYP)
The International School of Como (IS Como) aims to provide its students with a well-rounded education which allows children to discover and nurture their creativity to develop into independent, critical thinkers with a lifelong love for learning. IS Como offers the IB Primary Years Programme from Kindergarten to Grade 6. The IB PYP has been authorised since 2006, the school gained IB MYP authorisation in 2014 and IB DP authorisation in February 2018.
The IB PYP philosophy provides a framework that guides our students to meet the challenges of the 21st century by supporting their growth as productive, insightful, responsible and compassionate citizens in a global society. It focuses on developing independent, skilled learners through inquiry-based instruction that reflects a unique global perspective. IS Como occupies a state of the art, spacious, well maintained campus which includes facilities for indoor sports, art, music and ICT.
What we are looking for:
Applicants must be qualified teachers, with an internationally recognised teaching qualification in Primary education. Candidates should have a proven record of high quality teaching and learning and should demonstrate a philosophy and approach clearly aligned to the Primary Years Programme or should have experience of teaching in an IB PYP school. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, motivated and committed to working collaboratively with all members of the teaching team.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a native level English speaker
· Be an EU Citizen
· Have attended PYP training or have a philosophy clearly aligned with the PYP.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the PYP philosophy, principles and practices.
· Be a dynamic, flexible team player with high level inter-personal skills and excellent organisational ability.
· Add value to our positive and motivated staff team, in order to give students the best possible opportunity for success.
· Take a proactive role in initiating activities to enhance the wider life of school
Start date: 27th August 2018
Your application, which includes a letter outlining your educational philosophy, a photograph and an up-to-date CV with at least two professional referees, should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the school can be found on the website: www.iscomo.com
The school reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.