St Louis School in Milan is a private international school which caters for 1,500 children from the ages of 3 to 18. For students aged 3 to 14 years, Foundation Stage 1 to Year 9, the Colonna Campus offers a curriculum based on the British National Curriculum. The Middle School ends with the Cambridge Checkpoint examinations in Year 9 leading into the IGCSE and IBDP examinations in the High School. The High School has an exceptional average IB score which has placed St Louis School as the highest scoring school in continental Europe for the last five years running (www.stlouisschool.com). The school is part of the prestigious INSPIRED school network (www.inspirededu.co.uk).
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Music Teacher/Head of Music for the Primary and Middle School years, starting from September 2021. Candidates should be qualified and experienced in working with children from 6 to 14 years of age and be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment. We are seeking a flexible, communicative professional with strong empathy skills who understands the value of positive teacher/student/parent relationships, in a stimulating learning environment with students from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
A strong commitment to purposeful learning and teaching, collaborative planning and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, resilient participants in a hard-working team of teachers. Proven experience within an international, bilingual or multilingual context would also be useful, as well as an understanding of how to teach, as necessary in blended and online situations, as we have experienced here in Italy this year.
Please note that the role is not for an NQT.
The candidate must possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
• A good honours degree
• PGCE or equivalent in Music with recent experience in teaching
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Be an English mother tongue or English Fluent speaker
• Established experience teaching in KS2 and KS3, and with knowledge of the UK National Curriculum, IGCSEs and/or equivalent educational curricula
• Willingness to be an active part of an engaging extra curricular programme
• To have a strong interest in a constructivist approach to learning
• To demonstrate an ability in engaging with pupils and the teaching staff alike maintaining a high standard of attainment at all times
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
• Proven experience of organising and leading an initiative, subject coordination or professional development within a school context
Flights and baggage allowance, and support for the apartment search are provided by the school.
Candidates should send their letter of application and CV with a recent photograph. Please send your email with the relevant position as your subject line.
Due to difficulties in obtaining visas we can only accept applications from people who have a passport or citizenship from an EU country or with a valid work permit that enables you to work in Italy.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. We ensure that safe recruitment practices are followed and hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards. All appointments will be subject to an interview, criminal record checks and three successful references.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role, however, please be advised that only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
St. Louis School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years