Position needed: Primary Art Teacher
Colegio Europeo de Madrid is looking to appoint a full time Primary Art Teacher from 2nd September 2019.
The ideal candidate will have a teaching qualification recognized by a UK or Spanish university and ESOL teaching experience at Primary. The post represents a genuine career advancement opportunity for a suitably UK qualified teacher and the successful candidate will build upon their existing experience in an environment which drives for ever-higher standards of teaching, learning and academic results.
The teaching experience is preferable (2 years) however the NQT will be considered.
We are looking for teachers with an international outlook and a working understanding of Assessment for Learning. An ability to speak Spanish it is desirable but the willingness to improve is essential. A growth mindset is a must!
We are looking for teachers who have experience of:
- Primary ArtTeacher, possibility of validating the title to the Spanish system.
- Setting high expectations which engage, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Planning and teaching lessons which are creative and inspire awe and wonder.
- Monitoring and being accountable for pupils’ attainment, progress and outcomes.
- Setting high expectations of positive attitudes to learning.
- Communicating effectively with parents with regard to pupils’ achievements and wellbeing.
- Making a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of a school.
- Continuously challenging themselves to improve, progress and be the best teacher they can possibly be.
Colegio Europeo de Madrid is a private co-educational school which caters to the educational needs of students of the Spanish and International communities in Madrid.
Children from birth to eighteen years of age are admitted to a complete and highly successful educational experience.
Though the majority of students are Spanish, numerous nationalities are represented in the student population.
Traditionally CEM students rank among the best of the students throughout the Spanish schools in Madrid, on external exams taken by those students. Accordingly, all graduates of the senior school go on to higher education.
Colegio Europeo de Madrid, as part of the Cognita Schools group, is an equal opportunities employer that welcomes applications from all UK qualified teachers with relevant experience including teaching couples. Teachers would be expected to contribute to the extracurricular life of the schools and a working knowledge of the Spanish language would be an advantage but is not essential.
We can offer:
- A reputation for academic excellence and an exciting opportunity to work within a global organization.
- A good location in Madrid (Las Rozas de Madrid).
- Confident, independent and welcoming pupils.
- A lively, committed staff.
- A competitive salary with potential for extra responsibility.
- Places for children in CEM
- Class sizes an average of 22 pupils.
- We offer personal development and ongoing support
Contract: Full time and permanent with remuneration and working conditions that reflect the Spanish national collective bargaining agreement for private education.
Start date: 2 September 2019
To apply for the job:
Please complete the attached application form and sent it, along with a motivation letter (no more than 1 side of A4) to email@example.com. Please indicate job title in the subject line.
Long-listed candidates will be notified and invited to an initial interview by Skype. Final interview will take place in Spain by arrangement.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
For further information please visit our website https://www.colegioeuropeodemadrid.com/