Due to expansion, restructuring and the opening of two new schools, we are seeking a dynamic and committed Assistant Head to take charge of Early Years and Key Stage 1 in our Khuzam British School. Nestled between the Hajar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah Academy Family of Schools is based in Ras Al Khaimah, the northernmost Emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport, the Academy provides UK and IB education to almost 4000 students from 88 nationalities across its 5 schools, each with its own unique character. Over the past five years the Academy has grown markedly, in both our student numbers and our reputation for developing academic achievement; certainly the international school of choice in the Emirate.
Your role is to prioritise student achievement levels by breaking down all barriers to learning, wherever they may be found. To ensure that stakeholders understand how to maximise student attainment and progress, and share a common goal in aspiring to give all students an experience in ���educational excellence.’ To ensure that all progress, attainment and behaviour targets are met in a challenging EAL environment.
• The leadership, day-to-day management of staffing and student approaches which impact student attainment and achievement.
• Understand exactly what is needed in effective language acquisition during these vital early years of schooling.
• Strategic and operational coordination of all student achievement and progress issues in Grades EY and Key Stage One.
• Creating well-structured interventions, based on data collection and high level analysis, aimed at improving student achievement levels and progress on a group and individual basis.
• Ensuring effective, high quality communication with parents and other stakeholders.
• Direct supervision of all Lower Primary Team Leaders and other middle managers as designated by the Head of Primary in school staffing structure.
• Lead on target setting for the whole school with the Head of Primary and the Executive Principal. Lead the strategic use of data by Curriculum Leaders, Team Leaders and Senior Leadership Team to track, monitor and support groups and individual students.
• Work closely with Assistant Head team to ensure that data and recording is used effectively to inform and improve standards and the quality of teaching across the school.
• Ensure consistency, transparency and effectiveness in the approach to student behaviour/achievement across the school.
• Support middle leadership to develop their use of data to set and achieve challenging targets for all students.
• Support middle leadership to develop their approaches to Behaviour for Learning to set and achieve challenging targets for all students.
• Maintain ‘non-negotiables’ of Behaviour for Learning across grade-groups, working with all stakeholders to ensure exceptional standards of student ethos are maintained.
• Help to ensure that the data generated by assessments is accurate and facilitates meaningful interventions with students who are making insufficient progress.
• Ensure that students develop an understanding of their current attainment and progress and are able to articulate what they need to do to improve.
• Work with Team Leaders and Subject Leaders/ Coordinators to lead and motivate colleagues and effectively challenge and support colleagues to professionally develop their strategies to enhance the motivation, progress and attainment of all pupils.
• Work in partnership with students and parents/carers to promote outstanding progress and attainment and ensure there is a shared understanding of what pupils need to do to succeed.
• Evaluate the impact of any interventions.
The successful candidate will have and be able to demonstrate:
• At least 5 years of teaching experience in A UK curriculum school
• Relevant and extensive experience in leadership, either as a Subject Coordinator, Head of Year, Head of Department or in another Senior Leadership position
• A strong sense of values coupled with a strong understanding of the school’s mission, vision and aims
• A high level of organization, energy and drive to achieve the best outcomes for students
• A high level of openness and honesty in working with colleagues
• A strong sense of teamwork
• An appreciation for the academic and personal issues facing children with language backgrounds other than English
• An experience in open-access, inclusive schools and able to deal effectively with low level behavioural issues
• The ability to think quickly, respond to situations and be consistent in decision-making
An attractive employment package that includes tax free salary, free accommodation, free utilities and medical insurance, end of service gratuity and annual return flights to the home country. In addition, we provide a supportive working environment with a commitment to Professional Development.
To apply for this position please use 'Quick Apply'.
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone child protection screening and any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks.