Falkland Islands Government - Education Department
A unique opportunity to live and work overseas, within an English school system.
Our well established Primary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Primary Teacher to start in September 2018. The successful candidate will join a dedicated and dynamic team. Applicants for the post will have up-to-date knowledge and be experienced. The successful candidate appointed to the classroom teaching position will work in our 320 pupil school, situated in the capital, Stanley.
We are seeking to recruit a Primary Teacher who:
- is focused on helping children achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment
- is a graduate with qualified teacher status (primary) who has completed their induction and preferably has at least 3 years' successful teaching experience
- has experience in more than one key stage in the primary age range
- can demonstrate a thorough recent knowledge of the 2014 English National Curriculum and/or the EYFS Statutory Framework
- is committed to differentiation and SEN inclusive practice
- can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress
- can work within and contribute to coaching and mentoring environment
- has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams
- possesses secure IT skills and have good IWB knowledge
- is able to contribute to the development of extra curriculum opportunities
We will provide:
enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
a stimulating and supportive working environment
detailed information concerning the life in Falkland Islands
basic salary up to £37,980
low rates of income tax
25% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
airfares for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as mid-contract return flights
a relocation grant
accommodation to rent
free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
fixed term contracts of 2 years in the first instance
Interested teachers can download the job description and further information from this page.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Recruitment Officer using the above contacts details at Cable Cottage, Stanley, no later than noon on Friday 26th January 2018.
Interviews will be held between Monday 19th February and Wednesday 28th February 2018 either at the Falkland Islands Government Office in London or by telephone. More details about an interview task and opportunity to share video clips of teaching practice will be provided to shortlisted teachers.
School Website: http://www.fig.gov.fk/ijs/
For more information please contact the Recruitment Officer, Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 00 500 27420 or Fax: 00 500 27212 stating the post you are interested in.