About Us – Our School
Virginia International Private School (VIPS) is a well-respected, K-12 school with over 1050 students, meeting the needs of the local Emirati community. VIPS is on a very exciting journey as it goes from strength to strength in its commitment to quality education and its continued improvement, with a main focus on students’ outcomes. We cater to our students via a bespoke hybrid learning model, as students can opt for either Face to Face (FTF) or Distance Learning (DL). This year, we opened our brand new, state-of-the-art building for secondary girls and we are keen to graduate our first cohort, the Class of 2022, in the upcoming academic year. In the most recent quality assurance review locally, VIPS was evaluated to be fully developed, earning the highest possible rating of 13 out 13 “developed” judgements in its Distance Learning Evaluation 2020. Additionally, we proudly completed our international accreditation review by NEASC (in March 2021). Our staff are empowered to fulfill their roles successfully as well as supported via personalized professional development. VIPS enjoys the benefits of dynamic, experienced leadership and management, a holistic learning community, dedicated teachers, and supportive governance.
Job Description and Person Specification
Primary Class Teacher (Kindergarten to Grade 5)
This position offers an exciting opportunity for an outstanding class teacher to work in our Kindergarten or Elementary phase and be a major part of our school’s improvement journey.
The school actively encourages student-centered learning and places a significant focus on every aspect of a child’s development.
1: Learning and Teaching
- Plan and deliver outstanding lessons to mixed boys and girls classes (Phase and Year Group to be agreed upon);
- Ensure high quality education, attainment and progress for all students;
- Track, monitor, evaluate and review student progress, achievement and attainment;
- Ensure effective teaching strategies that enable all students to learn optimally;
- Deliver and demonstrate enquiry based teaching through his/her own teaching commitment;
- Make learning and teaching opportunities relevant by making connections to the real world;
- Use assessment for, of, and as learning strategies in order to personalize and accelerate student learning;
- Take responsibility for the implementation of short, medium and long term curriculum planning within the subjects taught;
- Have knowledge of effective strategies to include and meet the needs of all students within your class, including Higher/Lower attaining students, EAL, SEN, Emirati students and G&T students;
- Any other teaching duties and responsibilities deemed reasonable by the Principal.
2: Professional Skills and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in education (or higher) or other relevant field with a teaching qualification (such as PGCE) directly related to the age group you will be teaching (Early Years or Primary) is an essential requirement for this position. Candidates are expected to have a minimum of one year teaching experience.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate recent and relevant experience of:
- Teaching in a Primary Classroom (1 year or more);
- Excellent classroom practice in Primary education in either Early Years, Key Stage 1 or 2, Kindergarten, or Elementary;
- Continuous professional development;
- Digital learning and the use of ICT across the curriculum;
- Effective involvement and engagement with parents;
- Behavior management and child protection;
- Knowledge of the UAE school systems and culture (Will be covered as part of induction for overseas teachers);
3: Personal Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and professionalism;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Have an excellent health and attendance record;
- Be able to create and maintain effective partnerships with staff, the school administration, parents, students and the wider school community;
- Be able to work independently and on own initiative;
- Seek advice and support when necessary;
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Be committed to providing extra-curricular activities;
- Maintain a personal commitment to professional development linked to the competencies necessary to deliver the requirements of this post;
- Be approachable, positive, flexible and enthusiastic with a good sense of humor.
Terms and Conditions
Start date: August 2021
• 2 year contract renewable;
• Remuneration package including a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation or allowance, health insurance, flight allowance and end of contract gratuity.
Please send the following to our Executive Secretary at: email@example.com
• your full CV with details of two referees (including email addresses);
• a letter of application making reference to your classroom practice, planning and assessment, and recent school initiatives;
• a recent photograph;
• the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
Only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
Kindly visit www.virginiaschool.ae for more information about us.
Virginia International Private School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 15 years