Generations Christian Education is a not-for-profit organisation, with over 30 years at the forefront of Christian international education in Hong Kong, encompassing Small World Christian Kindergarten (“SWCK”), Norwegian International School (“NIS”) (Kindergarten and Primary campuses), Island Christian Academy (“IslandCA”), and Small World (Generations) Playgroup. The organisation is dedicated to providing high quality English language international education based on sound faith-based foundations. Our schools nurture the whole child in an environment where each student is empowered to flourish academically, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally.
Passionate about Primary-Years education?
Looking to learn alongside an amazing team?
Island Christian Academy is a community-minded International School located in the vibrant Soho district in Hong Kong. Island Christian Academy currently has an enrolment of 415 students in Years 1-8. The school is in its seventh successful year of operation and actively expanding!
The school is now seeking passionate, experienced Primary teachers to take on the challenge of growing our learners into the next generation of leaders! We are looking for team-oriented, people-smart teachers to join our staff and to further improve our collective capacity to improve student outcomes in all areas of learning and development.
We offer, as our core curriculum, the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The IPC gives us a framework to structure and deliver an engaging, inquiry-focused learning programme with an integrated, thematic approach to learning. It supports rigorous, differentiated learning that is active and exciting for children. Learning with the IPC takes a global approach; helping children to connect to where they are living now as well as looking at the learning from the perspective of other people in other countries.
In addition to the IPC, Island Christian Academy uses the UK National Curriculum for English, Australian National Curriculum for Mathematics and internally-developed curricula for Christian Studies and Chinese.
We have a diverse learning programme supported by specialist teachers in PE, Chinese and Music. Our schedule provides generous collaborative time within the school day to plan and prepare with teaching partners and year-level teams.
We are passionate about emphasising a balanced approach to teaching and learning, which is visible in our programme, developing learners academically. physically. socially and emotionally and spiritually.
Our school's mission is to:
To help achieve this mission, our homeroom teachers will:
- enable students in their homeroom to make excellent progress in all learning areas. providing a solid foundation for all aspects of academic education.
- plan opportunities to develop the cultural, physical, social and emotional and spiritual aspects of students learning.
- create and manage a caring, engaging. purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to student's learning, and which is regularly reviewed and continually refined and improved through reflective practices.
- ensure IslandCA's values and personal goals are embedded in daily practice and teaching
- plan collaboratively and prepare learning engagements in order to deliver the International Primary Curriculum, ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects: introducing best practices, high-quality resources and enriching school programmes.
- model and promote international-mindedness in our learning environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced, successful classroom practitioner with a desire to make a difference in our community of learners,
- Be able to demonstrate their own personal commitment to being a lifelong learner
- Be passionate about Christian education and excited to shape the lives of future generations.
- Know how to inspire and lead others through challenge, change and innovation,
- Have a diverse applied knowledge of educational practices and models, including inquiry-based education and innovative learning environments,
- Be committed to developing collaborative practices with students and staff, and be an advocate for the effective integration of digital tools and technologies to improve learning outcomes for students.
If this role sounds like the right next step in your career, we look forward to hearing from you about how you might be the right person to join our team and help shape the future for our amazing learners here at Island Christian Academy!
Please log on to http://www.generations.edu.hk/working-with-us/current-openings/ to learn more about the position and to download the Staff Application Form and view the job descriptions. Applicants are required to complete and submit the Staff Application Form and required documents by 21 June 2019.