Role: Primary Class Teacher
With a particular focus on UKS2, specifically Year 6
Full time - Permanent
Start date: Tuesday 27th August 2019
• Are you passionate about teaching?
• Do you want to teach in a community school that knows each one of its children and their families well and where we can watch children progress from Nursery to sixth form?
• Do you want to get to know each one of the children in your class as an individual, understanding their needs and providing the best environment in which they can thrive?
• Do you thrive on the opportunities and challenges that Year 6 teaching gives you?
If the answers to these questions are “yes”, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our team.
Heyford Park Free School prides itself on knowing our children well as individuals. We provide an environment and experience that not only allows our children to achieve what they are truly capable of, but also equips them with excellent individual academic progress and a ‘can do’ attitude. At all stages, we encourage our children and equip them to flourish, recognise their strengths and identify their own aims and aspirations. (vision statement)
Our all-through Free School opened in September 2013 and we have experienced rapid growth. Our fantastic heritage site has been fully refurbished and provides a unique learning environment.
Most important for success in this role is your attitude and approach to teaching and learning. You will be:
• able to engage with and inspire children
• excited by the potential to develop innovative practice in a relatively new school
• able to create engaging learning environments
• committed to securing outstanding outcomes for all students in your care
• enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working
• keen to encourage children to be curious, independent learners who are not afraid to take risks
• willing to contribute the wider enrichment curriculum
• keen to engage with teachers from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a range of specialisms, across all key stages
You will be asked to deliver excellent outcomes and progress for all children. In return we can offer an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and forward-thinking team. As a growing school we offer many opportunities for development and further promotion.
Applications must be made using the Heyford Park Free School Application Form, which should be submitted along with an Equal Opportunities Statement and a covering letter, detailing why you are applying for the role and the ways in which it is suited to you. Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org - All forms can be found on our website under 'Vacancies'.
Please note that we advise applying promptly as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.
To discuss this role or to visit the school, please contact Rebecca Hughes, Head of Primary, at email@example.com or on 01869 232203.
The closing Date for applications is 9am on Monday 25th March 2019
Heyford Park Free School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.