St. Ignatius Catholic School is a private co-educational school with approximately 665 pupils ranging from Nursery to Advanced Level. The school is recognised for its academic rigour, its excellent discipline and its caring and supportive Christian ethos. It follows the English National Curriculum to I/GCSE with many students progressing to our A-Level programme.
We invite applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced teachers for September 2019.
All candidates are expected to:
• Have a recognised Bachelor of Education degree or equivalent from an accredited university, and a PGCE, QTS or other internationally recognised teaching qualification.
• Have 3-5 years’ recent experience in whole-class teaching the UK National Curriculum, 2014.
• Be committed to Christ-centered values and beliefs.
• Model excellent practice in the classroom (preferably externally verified).
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of excellent practice in teaching, learning and the effective use of assessment to improve learning, and must be able to use data effectively.
• Be able to demonstrate impact of teaching on the progress of individual groups and cohorts of children.
• Be able to lead and manage within the classroom, including other adults such as Teaching Assistants.
• Have a specialism in a particular area such as EYFS, KS1 or KS2.
• Be committed to continued professional development.
• Be proficient in using Microsoft Office/Office 365 products. Experience with SIMS would be an advantage.
• Have an excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection good practice with recent, relevant training.
• Be an excellent team player committed to the ethos, values and aims of the school.
• Be committed to the holistic education of the child.
• Lead and/or be involved in a wide range of school related extra-curricular activities.
As a Catholic school, we strongly encourage committed Catholics to apply but we also welcome applications from non-Catholics. However, we expect all applicants to fully support the religious ethos of the school.
Salary range is CI$42,548 - CI$51,373 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan, relocation allowance and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers one free school place for the child of an employee.
Contracts are for two years initially and may be extended by mutual agreement.
Interested applicants must complete the application form in full, which has been uploaded, and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not accept any other form of application. Interviews will be conducted over Skype.
Deadline for receipt of applications: August 7th, 2019.
ST. IGNATIUS CATHOLIC SCHOOL
599 Walkers Road
P.O. Box 2638
Grand Cayman KY1-1102
Tel: (345) 949 9250