We are now recruiting teachers to start for the school year 2019-20.
If you would like to find out more about teaching in China and the exciting professional opportunities available in Wellington schools, join us at one of our events in October 2018.
To find out more go to www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers
To book a place at our events, please click here for registration
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Primary Classroom Teacher
Wellington College International Hangzhou. (Hangzhou)
Job starts: August 2019.
Location: Hangzhou, China.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: 3 years
Wellington College International Hangzhou (WCCHI) will be the fifth in the Wellington College China family, and will benefit from strong partnership and collaboration with Wellington College in England, Wellington College International Tianjin and Wellington College International Shanghai. WCCHI aims to be the leading and most inspirational education provider in Hangzhou. In achieving this aim, it will be actively building upon the long and successful history of Wellington College in England, comparing favourably with the very best schools anywhere around the globe, with a reputation centred on a breadth of excellence, both in provision and achievement. The school will be led strategically by a Board of Governors made up of local representatives and those appointed by Wellington College, all of whom are fully committed to establishing WCCHI as the best provision in the region. Vital to achieving this aim is the appointment of a strong and effective leader, a team player, with a commitment to continual self-improvement in all areas of school life.
To assume responsibility for teaching a Prep School class and specified subject(s) within the Wellington College Prep School curriculum.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning Primary School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences..
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header. A person specification is available in the supporting document section.
Application deadline: 30 Sep 2018