DULWICH COLLEGE SEOUL
Dulwich College Seoul is a flourishing, high-performing school offering teachers a wonderful opportunity to work in a purpose-built and well-resourced school in the heart of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities. In partnership with Dulwich College London and its sister schools in China, Singapore and Myanmar, Dulwich College Seoul upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the U.K. and Asia.
The College is currently at its license capacity of 700 students operating three-form entry from Nursery to Year 9 and two-form entry in Years 10-13. We offer an IGCSE programme in Years 10/11 and the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12/13 though the College welcomes applications from great teachers, no matter their curriculum experience.
POST & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Teaching Role : Primary Classroom Teacher (KS2/Juniors) - immediate start
School Section : Primary School (Year 4)
Hours : Full-time
Contract : To begin as soon as possible or January 2022 at the latest (contracted until July 2022, 2023 or 2024 - negotiable)
Responsible to : Head of Primary School
Responsible for : All students as allocated, both academically and pastorally
- Fully qualified Primary classroom teacher with good Primary experience (EYFS, KS1 or KS2)
- Experience with or an interest in developing inquiry pedagogy
- Calm, caring and creative practitioner who is a good allrounder
- Experience working with academically able students and EAL learners across the ENC
- Additional responsibilities may be available – ie Junior School English Lead or ECA Coordinator. Please make clear in your application if you are interested in taking on additional responsibilities.
- Start date and length of contract – please make clear in your letter of application, your likely start date (immediate or Jan 2022 at the latest) and the length of contract you would prefer.
Dulwich College International is One Family of Schools focused on ensuring every student achieves his or her very best in school and life beyond, which is why all our students Graduate Worldwise. To guarantee this experience for all our students, we look to recruit and enhance the very best practitioners in education so that, with us, they continue to develop as Worldwise Teachers.
A Worldwise Teacher believes in:
- Responsive teaching that creates personalised learning and student mastery.
- The strength of diversity and the power of empathy.
- Positive and constructive communication to foster purposeful relationships with all stakeholders.
- Nurturing professional collaboration to develop both individual practice and learning across the school community.
- Embracing the opportunities provided by working in an international context and being open-minded to different people’s perspectives. • Schools being dynamic environments that require cognitive flexibility.
- Modelling lifelong learning through regular engagement with professional learning activities that inform and develop best practice.
- Seeking honest, open, professional dialogue to support reflective practice.
- Embracing and promoting the ethos, policies and practices in the school.
- Modelling a positive commitment to the wider life of the school by fully engaging in its service learning and CCA programmes.
A Worldwise Teacher has the skills to:
- Appreciate the international context of our students and demonstrate respect for diverse languages and intercultural competencies.
- Ensure teaching is grounded in positive student relationships and promotes active learning.
- Enthusiastically empower agency so students have voice, choice and autonomy in the learning process.
- Inspire learning by providing an engaging learning environment aligned to students’ needs and interests
- Remain flexible and responsive to the personalised needs of each student.
- Accelerate student progress with focussed, personalised and effective feedback.
- Ensure teaching draws on a variety of resources and technology to meet student needs.
- Promote school-wide wellbeing, safeguarding, health and safety.
- Model the positive values and behaviours of the Dulwich College International community.
Successful candidates will be working in an environment with small class sizes and motivated students, having access to excellent resources, facilities and colleagues. Teachers receive an attractive salary (at generous tax rates) and a fully competitive overseas benefits package, including flight allowance, accommodation, living allowance, freight allowance, comprehensive health coverage and tuition for up to two children at the school. CPD opportunities on offer to teachers and TAs are excellent.
For further details about Dulwich College Seoul, visit the school’s website at https://seoul.dulwich.org/ and explore the school’s Facebook page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, lodge your application on-line by 5pm Seoul-time on Friday 17th September 2021. Early applications are of particular interest as we will begin interviewing and may appoint before the closing date.
Please include: your CV (with no unexplained career gaps since age 18, 2 page max); a 1 page cover letter describing your interest in this post; and a separate 1 page philosophy statement. Please make clear which ECAs that you would be able to offer and what your curriculum and pedagogical areas of interest/strengths are.
Interviews will take place by Zoom or face to face in Seoul. Interview appointments may be made before the application deadline. For short-listed candidates, there will be an initial interview with the Head of Primary and a reference check. The second stage is an interview with our Deputy Head/Year Leader and a request for video footage of the candidate teaching (15 mins, unedited). Full details will be provided as needed.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Dulwich College Seoul
Korea, Republic of
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Dulwich College Seoul opened its innovatively designed building in September 2010 and boasts state-of-the-art educational facilities in the heart of one of Asia’s most dynamic cities. The College has expanded to become a through school offering place...