- passionate about improving outcomes for children and allowing teachers to become more effective leaders of learning in school?
- an experienced Key Stage 1/2 teacher with an outstanding knowledge of the primary curriculum who has an interest in new and innovative ways of teaching and learning?
- interested in developing high quality resources for the classroom?
- able to work on a full-time (fixed term) basis at our Blackburn offices?
If so, apply to become a Primary Content Author at Learning By Questions and join us on our journey.
Learning By Questions has developed an on-line learning platform based on a pedagogy of timely feedback and intervention. Using a wide range of classroom devices, students are able to work through question sets at their own pace. When students answer correctly, they are moved forwards to more challenging questions. Wrong answers are followed by immediate feedback formulated to develop understanding and guide learning. Teachers have immediate insight into where they need to intervene. This means that feedback and intervention happen in the moment when the impact on learning and progress is greatest.
What we need
Our learning platform is supported by a wide range of question sets, which we are now planning to extend into other key stages and subjects. We need teachers to work with us to develop our pedagogical approach to one or more of the following:
- Key Stage 1 English and Maths
- Key Stage 2 History, Geography or MFL.
Once our strategies are in place, teachers will author question sets, identifying misconceptions and writing effective feedback.
- have recent experience at Key Stage 1 and/or Key Stage 2
- possess an in-depth knowledge of the primary UK curriculum
- have experience of putting AfL theories into practice
- have a thorough and keen eye for detail
- be able to write to a professional standard (following a style guide)
- be able to demonstrate an excellent command of English grammar
- be comfortable using an online platform to author questions
- have experience using technology in the classroom - IWB, tablets, etc
- have good time management and organisational skills
- be able to work collaboratively with other teachers with both primary and secondary backgrounds
- have good communication skills and be able to highlight issues or offer advice unprompted
- be able to demonstrate initiative and offer ideas while working within broad guidelines.
Experience in designing and writing questions would be desirable.
Your application should demonstrate how you meet the above criteria.
Learning By Questions offers a relaxed, supportive working environment with flexible working hours. We offer 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and a range of benefits on successful completion of a probationary period.