We are looking for an exceptional classroom practitioner, with experience of working with pupils for whom English is an Additional Language, to join our Primary EAL team for August 2017.
We value skills based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and A-Levels. The school is focused on creating the best environments for our students to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning, we provide a 1:1 iPad programme and use Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in a uniquely challenging, rewarding and supportive environment. GIS is a well-resourced, highly distinguished international school with a long-standing reputation for outstanding academic results and innovation. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff.
This is both a challenging and rewarding role and would provide a great experience for the right candidate. We offer the support and resources to help you develop professionally and build on your strengths.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Directly supporting children who are learning English as a Second Language
- Providing support to teaching staff to ensure they can adequately meet the needs of EAL learners
- Using a wide range of strategies to assess and support language acquisition
- Supporting parents of EAL learners to ensure a strong home-school partnership for learning
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Being an active member of the wider school community
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- The opportunity to support EAL learners in our School
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 31st of December 2016.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2017.
Please review the booklet: ‘Information for Applicants’ prior to applying for this role.
To apply for this post please click the link below:
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).