We are looking for a qualified Primary EAL teacher (English native-level speaker).
The Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is recognised by the French Ministry of Education and offers a bilingual programme from year 1 to 13.
Following a curriculum which harmonises the French curriculum and the British requirements, students are taught 50% in French and 50% in English from Year 1 to Year 6. Each teacher is therefore in charge of two classes. Each teacher teaches in his mother tongue, thus sharing with students his own educational culture.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model, foster and create an environment where an innovative mindset is cultivated
- Collaborate and write schemes of work
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, hands-on/project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence to learn for all students
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning
- Participate as an active member of the Primary team and school community as a whole
What we offer
Free loan of iPad, professional development, free weekly language classes, free 3 course lunch including vegan and vegetarian options, large social spaces & teacher work rooms equipped with computers, games, free hot drinks + fruit, social events and staff socials, Perkbox account, staff reduction with local bussinesses etc.