Exciting opportunity to join a pioneering new school in North London.
Ark John Keats Academy provides pupils from Nursery to 6th Form with a highly effective education. Our approach is underpinned by our six pillars – A Mastery Curriculum, High Quality Teaching, Strong Discipline, Character Development, Raising Aspirations & Enrichment and Developing Education Leaders. This is an exciting stage in the academy’s development as we continue to grow towards full capacity. We currently have pupils from nursery to year 4 and years 7 to 10.
The academy staff, pupils and parents are incredibly aligned, committed and passionate about our school. We have been graded outstanding in all areas by Ofsted and pupils make rapid progress in a calm, purposeful and happy environment.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a highly effective primary teacher to take the lead for English across the primary phase .The successful candidate will work with the Head of the English Faculty, based in our secondary phase, to develop a coherent and cumulative all through English curriculum that leads to great outcomes and excites and enthuses our pupils.
In recruiting for the Primary English Lead we are seeking the following from applicants:
• A good academic background
• A passion for English Literature and Language
• High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its pupils can achieve
• A belief in good discipline, hard work and respect
• A strong understanding of, and alignment with, our six pillars
• A growth mindset
• A record of outstanding teaching or the potential to be outstanding.
• Humility, kindness and good fun!
We are committed to providing staff with high-quality and regular CPD. All teachers and leaders have weekly coaching, a weekly whole staff training session, 14 CPD days annually and access to an extensive menu of Ark training programmes for all levels.