EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH IN TROPICAL BRUNEI
Note: We now accept applications from candidates with US qualifications
CfBT Education Services (part of Education Development Trust) are looking for Primary English teachers to begin work in government schools in Brunei Darussalam during 2021 and January 2022. CfBT have been working with the Brunei Darussalam government for over 30 years in support of the bilingual education policy. Our focus is to raise the proficiency and attainment levels of Bruneian students through high impact teaching and learning in classrooms, specialised national support and intervention programmes, and the continuous building of our own and local capacity across primary and secondary schools and sixth form colleges. There are over 90 Primary and 100 Secondary teachers on this programme with many teachers staying for a number of years.
On the Primary Project, you would be teaching English to mixed ability Bruneian primary students, between the ages of 5 – 7, in a Government school. You need to be able to use phonics to teach reading and writing and have good knowledge of AfL. We encourage learning for children at this level to be hands on and engaging so the use of music, big books, puppets, games, picture cards is very important. You should be able to structure interactive lessons, have a range of learning strategies and be able to deal with differentiation.
Brunei Darussalam is a small, peaceful country on the island of Borneo in South East Asia. It is surrounded by pristine tropical jungle and beaches with temperatures around 27 - 30 degrees all year.
If you are interested in finding out more please look at our Brunei site www.cfbt.org, view some videos of living and working in Brunei at https://www.cfbt.org/elt-video-interviews, follow our facebook page 'CfBT Education Services' and view a youtube video https://youtu.be/TX1v1Z6qNx0
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package for this role:
- A competitive tax free salary BND42,000 - 66,000 (£24k - £38K)
- Contract Completion Bonus of 1/6th of salary
- Low cost of living
- Generously-sized living accommodation
- Heavily subsidised support for dependants' schooling at an international school
- Genuine opportunities for continued professional development
To be eligible you must:
1) Hold a degree from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, USA
2) Hold Qualified Teacher Status/teacher accreditation (PGCE, Bed, DipT etc.) A TEFL cert with degree is not sufficient
3) Have a minimum 3 years relevant classroom teaching experience post qualification with experience of teaching Key stage 1
4) Be under 55 years old at the time of arrival in Brunei Darussalam
Covid-19 : We are following the guidance provided by the Brunei Government and will be reviewing our recruitment as the situation develops. We will ensure we keep all applicants updated with any changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and relevant child protection agencies
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- Criminal background check, References, Medical check
- Below 55 years of age
CfBT Education Services (B) Sdn Bhd Brunei Darussalam
- English secondary schools