Primary Head of Year
Ark Chamberlain is a leading academy in Birmingham. It supports and nurtures all pupils to achieve their true potential and prepares them exceptionally well for the next stage of their education.
In September, we will be amalgamating with Ark Victoria to become a four form entry all through school from nursery to Year 11. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of the team shaping this brand new school; building on the success of Ark Chamberlain to give our children the best possible primary education.
· Are you a fantastic teacher, passionate about giving children education of the highest quality?
· Are you committed to continuing to develop your practice?
· Would you like five extra training days a year with bespoke CPD opportunities?
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Head of Year to join our academy. This is an incredible opportunity to play a pivotal role within a committed staff team and impact on the outcomes of our pupils. ‘Staff morale is high and there is a consistent and ambitious culture aimed at sustaining improvements’ Ofsted, March 2017.
As Head of Year, you will provide strong leadership for a team of teachers and teaching assitants under the guidance of an Assistant Head.
We can offer:
· Remarkable pupils who are enthusiastic, respectful, ‘enjoy school and behave well at all times’ Ofsted, March 2017.
· A wide range of professional development opportunities including personalised CPD, coaching, mentoring and regular opportunities to share best practice across the academy and the Ark Network.
· A staff team who truly support and care for each other.
· Excellent resources not usually found in a primary setting including an extremely well-resourced science lab, gym, music room, library, radio station and much more.
We are looking for
· Individuals who are passionate and have high expectations of themselves and the pupils they teach.
· Teachers who share our aspirations for pupils and will inspire, challenge and motivate them to achieve.
· A practitioner experienced in medium and short term planning to lead weekly co-planning sessions.
· Teachers who are consistently good or better.
· Individuals who, with support, are able to analyse year group data and put interventions in place where necessary.
· A leader who will direct and support a year group, holding them to account to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning.
· A Head of Year who will lead by example, developing a supportive, pro-active and reflective year group.
· A positive attitude, the ability to work well as part of a team and a great sense of humour.
Don’t take our word for it, we’d love you to visit our school and see it for yourself. To arrange a visit, please contact Nita Bateman on 0121 675 0439 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply via the following link - https://goo.gl/2ugosb
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st May 2018 at 11am. Interviews are planned to take place on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.
Start date: 01/09/2018.
Salary: Ark MPS (£23,490 - £34,670)/UPS (£36,826 - £41,366) per annum,
plus TLR 2C - £6,514.
Location: Small Heath, Birmingham
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.