Ashbury with Compton Beauchamp C of E (A) Primary School Head Teacher Job Advertisement L7 to L13 (£45,290 to £52,405)
The children, parents, staff and governors are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and inspirational leader who has the required skills and vision to lead our successful school to further improve educational outcomes for all our children. Our school has 74 children on roll and is set in the idyllic village of Ashbury, within Oxfordshire with good access routes to Swindon (9 miles), M4 and Oxford. The village is surrounded by beautiful country side and our school is at the heart of a loving and caring community. Over the years we have built strong relationships with St Mary’s Church (Ashbury) and the village community who are very supportive and take an active interest in the life of our school. We have a very strong values-based Christian ethos and we wish potential candidates to be sympathetic to these values and have an understanding of how to develop and maintain the distinctiveness and effectiveness of a Church of England school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about teaching and learning and can inspire that passion in both staff and children
• Is an experienced leader and able to support and lead staff on the school’s journey to become outstanding
• Is a strong communicator, visible, supportive and approachable
• Shares our Christian ethos, values and vision
• Is determined that staff and children at Ashbury School will achieve their full potential
We can offer:
• A professional, dedicated and committed staff team, an effective and positive Governing Body and supportive parents
• Extremely well behaved, confident, happy and articulate children with a desire to learn
• A supportive and engaging Church and village community
We welcome applications from accomplished school leaders, with or without headship experience.
Visits to the school to see the children and staff at work are strongly encouraged.
Please contact the school office (01793 710259) to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th June at 17:00
Shortlisting: Wednesday 28th June
Interview date: 4th July
Please email your application form, along with a letter of interest outlining your suitability for the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of our recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosures and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.