We are looking for an inspiring and talented Primary Higher Level Teaching Assistant, working closely with teachers to deliver the national curriculum and contributing to the development of other support staff, students, and school policies and strategies. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
Harris Academy Tottenham is a new academy with a specialism in Mathematics and Enterprise, rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of an excellent team who will develop and provide outstanding teaching and learning and exceptional outcomes for students from 3-18 years of age.
What we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic person with great interpersonal skills, who is confident supervising whole classes during short-term absences of teachers
- Someone who enjoys working as part of a team, working collaboratively with teachers to plan, manage and prepare resources and classes
- A person who will work hard to deliver the very best for our students and raise standards of achievement, encouraging them to become independent learners and providing support for their welfare and inclusion in Academy life
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants seeking an opportunity to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available at:www.harristeachingschool.com/schooldirect.
Why work at Harris Academy Tottenham?
- We have an ethos of excellence, encouraging students to fulfil our high expectations through a dedicated and committed approach
- We combine the hallmarks of a traditional secondary education with a progressive curriculum in brand new facilities
- We are a community school, working closely with local people, staff and students to provide an excellent education.
- As part of the Harris Federation, we offer a generous benefits and rewards package.
For more information on this role, please download the candidate information pack above, or contact the Academy on 020 3772 4243.
The deadline for applications is noon on 15th January 2018.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.